Is the SoundExtreme waterproof & can the SoundExtreme be used over/near water?
YES. The SoundExtreme meets the IPX6 waterproof standard. The SoundExtreme can be used by the pool, the hot tub and the ocean without issues. Batten down the hatches and play your tunes worry free!
What is IPX6?
The IPX6 Waterproof Standard means that the product is protected against strong water jets. This means that IPX6 products, including the SoundExtreme can withstand use around water.
Does the SoundExtreme work with any Bluetooth enabled Device?
The SoundExtreme waterproof speaker connects to any device that uses Bluetooth connectivity for audio. Laptops, Desktops, Tablets and Smartphones are all compatible! All Apple, Android, Blackberry and Windows devices are sure to be compatible.
How far can the SoundExtreme be away from my Bluetooth device?
The connectivity for the SoundExtreme is designed and tested to far exceed 30 feet (up to 100ft) from your Bluetooth device. Walls, leaded glass windows and metal studs inside the drywall will affect the range operation.
The sound is distorted, how can it be improved?
Try lowering the volume control of your connected device or musical instrument. Also, try to reduce the overall volume of the SoundExtreme
Can I power a 12V accessory (light bar, etc.) using the Auxiliary Power Out connector on the SoundExtreme?
Yes, you can run a light bar or other accessory through the auxiliary wires coming out of the SoundExtreme. The light needs to accept 12V power and should drawless than ~10A current. You must turn on the accessory powered through the SoundExtreme separately from powering on the SoundExtreme, but it is easy to do. Here are the two ways to turn on the power to the accessory connected to the SoundExtreme auxiliary wires:
1. On the SoundExtreme button pad, press and hold the Light Bar button for 3 seconds to enable / disable Accessory Mode (which turns on / off the Auxiliary Power Out connection).
2. On the remote control, press the “Acc” remote switch button to turn on / off the Auxiliary Power Out connection
After using one of the above methods to turn on / off the auxiliary power, the speaker will announce, “Accessory mode enabled” or “Accessory mode disabled.”
How many Lumens is the light bar on the back of the SoundExtreme?
What is Peak and RMS output of the SoundExtreme?
500W Peak / 50W RMS
How much current does the SoundExtreme draw?
3-5 Amps at max volume depending on the type of music being played (running at 12V)
The SoundExtreme will not pair With Bluetooth Device?
Make sure that your device is compatible with Bluetooth. Turn off your SoundExtreme and Bluetooth device, then power on and reconnect. Make sure that Bluetooth mode is selected on your SoundExtreme
Volume level is low when playing, how do I make it louder?
First, increase the volume on your device to maximum. Next increase the volume on the SoundExtreme by pressing the Volume + button. If increasing the volume on the SoundExtreme and / or increasing the volume on your Bluetooth device does not work, the SoundExtreme may be in Power Save Mode.
I am having intermittent issues with the SoundExtreme not connecting correctly to my smartphone via Bluetooth.
The Bluetooth module and microcontroller within the SoundExtreme sound bar has a “boot-up” and “power-down” sequence that the unit goes through when turned on and off respectively. This process takes several seconds (~3-5 seconds) to complete. If the SoundExtreme is on and 12V supply power is cut off from the speaker and then quickly power is returned to the speaker, it may cause the SoundExtreme to get stuck in the “boot-up” mode when you turn the SoundExtreme back on again. The best way to reset the SoundExtreme unit to normal function is to unplug the SoundExtreme from the 12V power supply (i.e. battery) for ~10 seconds and then plug it back in. After this, the SoundExtreme should work properly when turned on again.
Installation Note: If the SoundExtreme is connected to the accessory junction box (busbar) and the power wire of the SoundExtreme is connected to the 12V ACC power post (this receives power only when the key is ON) on the busbar, then you may find that the above discussed “boot-up” issue may occur with your SoundExtreme (because turning the ignition key cuts off and restores power to the ACC power post).
We suggest that you do not hook the SoundExtreme power to ACC power, but to direct 12V battery power. If you are concerned with battery drain issues from having accessories directly attached to the battery, you can add a “kill switch” in-line between the SoundExtreme and the battery so that you can cut power to the SoundExtreme when the vehicle is not in use.
Can the SoundExtreme be set up to automatically power on when my vehicle is turned on?
No, the SoundExtreme will enter “sleep mode” when it is connected to 12V input power, so you must turn the speaker fully ON by either pressing the POWER button on the SoundExtreme or on the remote provided with the SoundExtreme.
How do I mount my SoundExtreme on my vehicle?
SoundExtreme includes various mounting brackets and accessories. Utilizing the mounts allows users to mount to vehicle in various ways:
• Use mounting brackets and provided screws to mount to vehicle cross bar by drilling holes in cross bar (or other mounting surface…ie vehicle roof, etc.) and using provided screws to bolt mounting brackets onto cross bar
• Drill hole through cross bar and use provided screws to secure SoundExtreme to cross bar by screwing directly into top mount rail threaded holes on SoundExtreme
• Use mounting brackets and provided worm clamps to secure the SoundExtreme onto a cross bar (without needing to drill holes in cross bar)
• Purchase other after-market accessory mounts that are compatible with the SoundExtreme brackets to mount as you see fit. You can find many compatible mount tube/pipe mount options online and Amazon by searching ‘ Universal cage tube clamp mount’
How do I connect two SoundExtreme units to play audio together?
Two or more SoundExtreme units can be synced to play audio together in two ways:
1. Wired: Connect 3.5mm audio cable from first SoundExtreme AUX OUT to AUX IN on second SoundExtreme unit. (both units must be powered on individually)
2. Wireless: Use EcoCast feature on SoundExtreme to wirelessly pair two or more SoundExtreme units - see user guide for full instructions. (both units must be powered on individually)